2020 Australian Fitness Awards are open for nominations
Today, the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards powered by Fitness Australia are open for nominations, in an effort to recognise the contributors to better health and wellbeing across Australian communities.
CEO of peak industry body Fitness Australia, Barrie Elvish says “We know it can take blood, sweat and tears to make positive changes to people’s lives, so I’d encourage these inspirational stories to be shared through the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards program - have your clients share their fitness story and nominate you, your business or your program, for the opportunity to gain national recognition.”
New Awards in the 2020 program will recognise club managers, fitness educators, community activation initiatives, and community volunteers.
“With our focus on community engagement, we look forward to receiving nominations that demonstrate the innovative ways that providers are engaging with their communities to get them moving – it could be charity event collaborations, local fun runs or offering services to specific community groups to make fitness more accessible and inclusive,” explains Elvish.
If you’re working to motivate and support people to live an active life with best-practice and quality services, then Fitness Australian encourages you to find the Award category that allows you to demonstrate the outstanding work you’re doing.
Individual Awards include:
- Group Exercise Instructor of the Year, powered by Les Mills Asia Pacific
- Personal Trainer of the Year, powered by Lorna Jane
- Fitness Student of the Year, powered by Guild Super
- Fitness Educator of the Year
Business Awards include:
- Boutique Fitness Business of the Year, powered by Guild Insurance
- Not-for-Profit Fitness Business of the Year
- Fitness Business of the Year
- Quality Accredited Fitness Business of the Year
- Club Manager of the Year
Community Awards include:
- Community Exercise Program or Event Award
- Community Activation Award
- Community Volunteer Award
Awards of Honour:
- Fitness Industry Roll of Honour
- Chairperson’s Award
Have your clients or community members share their fitness story by nominating today! Plus everyone has a chance to win 1 of 5 Fitbits, just for nominating a fitness provider, educator, program, event or volunteer. To nominate or to find out more visit awards.fitness.org.au
National winners will be announced at the 2020 Australian Fitness Awards Gala Dinner in Sydney on Friday 1st May 2020.
2020 Australian Fitness Awards partners who are strong industry advocates include Lorna Jane, Guild Insurance, Les Mills Asia Pacific and Guild Super.